When you supply any personal information to www.johnschinesetakeaway.com we have a legal obligation towards you in the way we use that data. We must collect the information fairly, that is, we must explain to you how we will use it and tell you if we want or pass the information on to anyone else. When using your personal information JCT will act in accordance with all current legislation from time to time in place.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
1. Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation);
2. Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to the physical store, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services (including payment information);
3. information that you provide to us for the purpose of placing your orders (including your name, postal address and telephone number);
4. any other information that you choose to send to us
INFORMATION WE DO NOT COLLECT
We do not collect email addresses nor send you newsletter. We do not ask for or require your social security number to use any of our services or to access any part of our site.
USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use your personal information to:
1. Administer the website;
2. Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
3. Enable your use of the services available on the website;
4. Send to you goods purchased via in store;
5. deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure.
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site.
For further information on cookies please visit www.aboutcookies.org.
Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes;
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. Any personal information we request from you will be safeguarded under the Data Protection Act 1998.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The website may contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.